“Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve” is the motto of FFA.
FFA and agricultural education provide a strong foundation for the youth of America and the future of food, fiber, and natural resources. FFA promotes premier leadership, personal growth, and career success among its members.
Pendleton High School FFA Advisors Marty Campbell and Kylee Hunt invest in their students who work hard before, during and after school to succeed. This includes working on projects, continuing their SAEs, and practicing for Career Development Events such as Ag Mechanics, Meats Evaluation, and Livestock Evaluation, all of which have enlisted the help of many community members. Mr. Campbell shares some of the recent student successes.
- Eight students will be receiving their State FFA Degree (pending final approval by the state)
- District Proficiency Award Winners (awarded for excellence in their Supervised Agricultural Experiences)
- Kelli Nelson in Sheep Production
- Crae Campbell in Ag Sales and Service
- Michael Roselle in Goat Production
- Kelli Nelson in Veterinary Science
- Rylee Demianew in Agricultural Education
- Alison Spratling in Grain Production
- Kelli Nelson placed second in the Job Interview Career Development Event and will be moving on to Sectionals
- Faith Olson placed third in the district with her portfolio of FFA activities
- Adrie Fisher placed second in the district with the Chapter scrapbook and will be going on to State
- Rylee Demianew placed second in Advanced Public Speaking and will move on to Sectionals
- Faith Olson won the Sophomore Public Speaking and will move on to Sectionals
- Casey Van Corn placed fourth in the Beginning Public Speaking
- Vance Nelson won the Creed Speaking and will move on to Sectionals
- Hazel Case placed fourth in the Creed Speaking
- Michael Roselle was elected Blue Mountain District Treasurer
A big thank you to the advisors and congratulations to the students!